Phil Guerrero, CFP®
President & Wealth Advisor
For 25 years, Phil Guerrero, CFP® has been helping clients develop strategies for meeting their financial goals while navigating volatile markets.
After a quick upbringing including contributing to household income at age 14, and being financially independent by age 17, Phil understands the value of a dollar and what it takes to build a financially successful life from the ground up.
With a positive attitude, strong work ethic built at an early age, and the finance background from college and career, Phil can relate to most client situations. Phil’s passion today is taking on a personal CFO role for individuals, families, their businesses, and local non-profits.
Since opening PMG… in 2007 Phil has continued to grow the practice while digging deeper into client situations, helping clients create a life of significance for themselves with a specialty in retirement planning. Phil has also assisted numerous community groups from a leadership position.
- 2009, 2010: President of the Lake Zurich Area Chamber of Commerce (a regional chamber representing approximately 500 businesses in Lake Zurich, Deer Park, Hawthorn Woods, Kildeer, Long Grove, and North Barrington)
- 2012 – 2016: Chairman of the School District 95 Educational Foundation where the primary goal was to develop strategies and implement ways to attract financial resources that would provide additional innovations to directly improve the experience for the D95 students.
- 2014 – 2019: VP of Baseball for the Mundelein Baseball and Softball Association specifically running baseball operations for the community based non-profit program, being able to oversee the strategic growth including more kids, more fun, and becoming a youth baseball travel power throughout the northern suburbs.
- 2019 – Present: President of the Mundelein Baseball and Softball Association
- 2017: Lake Zurich Area Chamber of Commerce Presidents Award
- 2010, 2013, 2014, & 2015: Daily Herald Reader’s Choice Award Winner for Best Financial Planner category. The award is based on number of votes received. Nominations were from client’s and area businesses each year.
- 2019+: Treasurer for Mundelein High School Booster Club, recently joined to assist with financials.
Phil is a Certified Financial Planner™ and holder of the series 7, 24, 63 and 66 registrations through LPL Financial, as well as a life and health insurance license. Phil graduated from Illinois State University with a degree in Finance.
As a Chicago native, Phil and his wife, Megan, most enjoy raising their three children (two boys, one girl) and being involved in their activities. When not in the office, Phil can be found coaching baseball, raking a ball field, staying active with sports, and cooking.
Check the background of investment professionals associated with this site on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.