Phil Guerrero, CFP®
President & Wealth Advisor
For 22 years, Phil Guerrero, CFP® has been helping clients develop strategies for meeting their financial goals while navigating volatile markets.
After a quick upbringing including contributing to household income at age 14, and being financially independent by age 17, Phil understands the value of a dollar and what it takes to build a financially successful life from the ground up.
With a positive attitude, strong work ethic built at an early age, and the finance background from college and career, Phil can relate to most client situations. Phil’s passion today is consulting individuals, families, their businesses, and local non-profits. Overall, pretty much anything related to personal improvement and the financial markets.
Since opening PMG Wealth Management, Inc.™ in 2007, Phil has continued to expand the practice, improve office processes, serve clients in a deeper more meaningful way, and assist numerous community groups from a leadership position.
- 2009 – 2010: President of the Lake Zurich Area Chamber of Commerce (a regional chamber representing approximately 500 businesses in Lake Zurich, Deer Park, Hawthorn Woods, Kildeer, Long Grove, and North Barrington)
- 2012 – 2016: Chairman of the School District 95 Educational Foundation where the primary goal was to develop strategies and implement ways to attract financial resources that would provide additional innovations to directly improve the experience for the D95 students.
- 2014 – Present: VP of Baseball for the Mundelein Baseball and Softball Association specifically running baseball operations for the community based non-profit program, being able to oversee the strategic growth including more kids, more fun, and becoming a youth baseball travel power throughout the northern suburbs.
- 2017: Lake Zurich Area Chamber of Commerce Presidents Award
- 2010, 2013, 2014, & 2015: Daily Herald Reader’s Choice Award Winner for Best Financial Planner category. The award is based on number of votes received. Nominations were from client’s and area businesses each year.
- 2019+: Treasurer for Mundelein High School Booster Club, recently joined to assist with financials.
Phil is a Certified Financial Planner™ and holder of the series 7, 24, 63 and 66 registrations through LPL Financial, as well as a life and health insurance license. Phil graduated from Illinois State University with a degree in Finance.
As a Chicago native, Phil and his wife, Megan, most enjoy raising their three children (two boys, one girl) and being involved in their activities. When not in the office, Phil can be found coaching baseball, raking a ball field, staying active with sports, and cooking.
Check the background of investment professionals associated with this site on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.